R3N3G4D3S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R3N3G4D3S

R3N3GADES faction forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You need to understand what each charachters purpose is

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xaro$
Admin
Xaro$

You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Empty
PostSubject: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Ok im putting this rant in because alot of people apparently dont understand anything besides thier own charachter while every class has a purpose in this game.

Blademasters= hit the hardest close range(but that does not mean they are the best tank) Just because they hit the hardest does not mean they will steal aggro. Bm's are AOE masters, the best way to clear out a group of monsters quickly.

Barbarians = can not hit hard at all, are not built to be Damage dealers they are built to tank that is thier main purpose. It is why they have way more hitpoints than any other class because they can take a beating.

Clerics = its your job to buff and heal, although clerics make awesome damage dealers thier main purpose is healing. If a cleric decides to attack a monster and hits critical its gonna steal aggro getting themselves killed and possibly the entire team

Venomancers = Awesome damage dealers. I think venos are the only possible way to lure 1 monster to your party at a time and they deal a great amount of damage. Some venos pets (hercules) can make great tanks also

Wizards = main purpose of a wizard is damage dealing, although they can be good at being an assistant to clerics for healing spells if situations gets too hectic. Wizards can also be used at tanks but not very frequently because of thier lack of hitpoints. The time a wizard wants to tank is when the boss is mostly magic with aoe magic. Other than that stick to damage dealing and healing on the side

Archers= main purpose of archer is also damage dealing. archers can also lure but not as effectively as the venomancer. Usally when archers lure more then one mob comes at once where the veno can bring just 1 at a time. Archers are also good at Aoe like the blademasters they are good at taking out groups of monsters.
Back to top Go down
https://r3n3g4d3s.forumotion.net
Niaora

Niaora

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:51 pm

I play a venomancer and I've been practicing pulling since day one because I knew it would be the main job for me in a group. It's not usually necessary to pull when grinding but pulling takes practice to do it consistently well which is why I keep doing it. I'm not saying I'm an expert though. Every day I learn more about it. What I find difficult is when I end up in a group of people and the leader says to pull. I target and just as I'm sending my pet into the cluster of mobs, someone else rushes into the mobs and...well it's impossible to pull when they are all angry and chasing someone else.

So for the sake of anyone that doesn't know what is meant by pulling, allow me to explain. Ahead in the dungeon or even in the field (like a boss with minions) there are a cluster of mobs. You don't want to fight all at once so the leader says "Pull" or sometimes "Pull <specific mob>.
The veno then sends their pet out to hit that mob once. They then put their pet away. Nothing happened to their pet. They did this on purpose. The mob the pet hit and only the mob it hit will then head straight for the veno. The others will go "hey where did that little guy that was just here go?" then go back to milling around. They will not follow because they were not hit.

Ok, so now the angry mob that was hit is heading for the veno who put her pet away. The job for the veno is now to get her pet back out or she is defenseless. The job for the tank is wait long enough for the angry mob to move away from the cluster but not so far as to get to the veno. Once that tank has gotten the mob's attention, then everyone else should help dispatch it.

Sorry for jumping onto your thread Xaro$ but they seemed relevant to each other in a way.

Last edited by Niaora on Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xaro$
Admin
Xaro$

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 11:02 am

Thats kool, its very informative and some people dont understand what "pulling or luring" even means
Back to top Go down
Odd

Odd

PostSubject: learning more please   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm

lets start with "aggro" wtf does that mean?
I got the deal on pulling Nia was good!

Why can't I see when I travel on a south leg?

I can with my elf obviously unless I Can't fly and then I SUK I cannot see South when I am on the ground!
I have a Blade and a Barb that are useless to play because I can't drive them, ya I can afford to buy them flyers but so what as soon as I go in a Dungeon its the same thing can't see south!
Any of you that have been in a dungeon with me know I get lost easy and I run around sideways alot because I am trying to target and find range. I ran straight into He Man and Rankar the other day and was kilt that fast, cause I couldn't see the Bastid thing!
I've poked that f9 button and played with that , that ain't it!
I see you guys cruising around in those dungeons and I know you see better than I do in there, WHY?
I need FKN HELP PLEEEEEZE
Back to top Go down
http://www.members.shaw.ca/Oddly
Niaora

Niaora

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:06 am

I'll try to help. First, I'll explain "aggro". Aggro is a term some people use to mean aggressive or angry mob.

Some mobs are passive and will only attack if you attack first. However, some mobs will attack you if you get near enough to them. I think all mobs inside dungeons are the aggressive, kill on sight type. Another type is a normally passive one but will team up with another mob if it is hit. They will become aggressive if you attack its buddy. An example would be pyrogolths. Most of them you can stand right next to them and they will do nothing at all. If you attack one and there is another nearby, the second one will jump to the aid of it's fellow pyro. I hope that helps with the aggro explaination but if it doesn't, let me know.

To adjust the angle at which you can see, you can try holding down your right mouse button while moving your mouse at the same time. It will move angles so you can look up at the sky or down at the ground and anywhere in between. Once you get it set at the angle you need it, let go of the right mouse button. Hope this helps you. If not, maybe someone else will have a better solution. I'm still learning how things work too. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Xaro$
Admin
Xaro$

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:46 am

As far as aggro explanation im not saying yours is wrong niar but what I usually mean when i talk about agro is when i attack a mob with an attack that makes sure the mob has agro on me(thus it only attacks me) leaving the rest of the squad safe. The tank usually has the job of keeping aggro throughout fbs and bosses(our special attacks give us plenty of ways to take agro on monsters)

Not being able to see in fbs, hmm im not real sure what to tell u there except maybe turn your graphic settings down could possibly help. The water setting seems to affect me the most as far as lag, so i make sure to leave that one turned all the way down
Back to top Go down
Niaora

Niaora

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:20 am

You're definition of agro is 100% correct also. I have also heard your definition called Threat. Keeping threat high in order to keep the mob focused on one person. I was explaining what I meant by agro in my post about pulling. Smile I should have used aggressive or angry in the first place and then I wouldn't have caused any confusion so I fixed it.
Back to top Go down
Odd

Odd

PostSubject: TG   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm

TFG=Thank Gawd, and UFB=Unbeleivable I logged in earlier today to test drive the Right Mouse Button and it is exactly the cure I was looking for!!!!!!!
Do you have any idea how hard it is to play this game when you are only looking at half of it? UFB! TY TY TY TYVM Nia!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.members.shaw.ca/Oddly
LeaArwen

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:35 pm

lol! for how many lvls did u play whotout the right mouse button? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You need to understand what each charachters purpose is   You need to understand what each charachters purpose is Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You need to understand what each charachters purpose is
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R3N3G4D3S :: RANTS!-
Jump to: