R3N3G4D3S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
R3N3G4D3S

R3N3GADES faction forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

List of abbreviations and there meanings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xaro$
Admin
Xaro$

List of abbreviations and there meanings Empty
PostSubject: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 am

Its been brought to my attention that alot of the newer players do not understand the terms to this game. Like what the hell is an fb anyways? or what does tt stand for etc? So im gonna try my best here to make a list of all the abbreviations and thier definitions. If i missed any or you have something to add please feel free to do so. I dont think i will be able to remember them all.

Aggro = hatred or threat boss has on you thus giving him aggro or aggravation towards you making him attack you.

Brt= Be right there

Brb= Brb

FB= is a cave or dungeon you get every 10 levels starting at 19 where you need to bring a group of people to help you complete your tasks in your fb

DD= Damage dealer such as veno, wizard, and archers

Tank= Usually refers to a barbarian or blademaster (person with alot of hitpoints)

TT= Twilight temple is a place where you can go to gather mats for green glowing weapons that you can obtain once you are lvl 60

LOL= laughing out loud

Lmao= laughting my ass off

Arch= Town of archosaur

zhen= When a cleric uses a bubble to heal the entire party

Ks= kill stealing (very annoying when others do to you while your training)

Omw= On my way

Bbd= Bigger better deal

Nbd= no big deal

TTyl= talk to you later

Brt= be right there

BBL= be back later

PK = player killing

AOE = area on effect attack

well im sure there is alot more but i have to be somewhere in 20 minutes, therefore i will be back to continue my list a little later on

Last edited by Xaro$ on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://r3n3g4d3s.forumotion.net
Niaora

Niaora

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:24 pm

As a side note for those that are curious (like me), I've been told that FB is an abbreviation for a Chinese word meaning dungeon. fu ben = 副本
Back to top Go down
Reos

Reos

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:51 pm

i always thought it was just called FB from the first quest named First Battle
Back to top Go down
Odd

Odd

PostSubject: ignorance on display again   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:06 pm

and Ks,ing whats that mean?

omw=on my way

nbd=no big deal

bbd=bigger better deal

bbl=be back l8r
Back to top Go down
http://www.members.shaw.ca/Oddly
Niaora

Niaora

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:20 pm

KSing stands for Kill Stealing meaning you attacked a mob that person was already attacking. Some people do it accidentally and others do it deliberately.
Back to top Go down
Xaro$
Admin
Xaro$

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Niaora wrote:
As a side note for those that are curious (like me), I've been told that FB is an abbreviation for a Chinese word meaning dungeon. fu ben = 副本

You are absolutely right. The first version of the game was in malaysain and when other servers started being made in different areas and different translations, the term fb stuck.

Thanks alot oddgaul, i added your abbreviations to the list. And thank you niaoria (i never spell your name correctly sorry) for your information and meaing of the term Fb
Back to top Go down
https://r3n3g4d3s.forumotion.net
Blaueros

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:38 am

hm i have a link i found which contains a list of abbreviations.

Perfect world forum:

Originial credit:

its basically the same, but since its someone's else credit, i though i should put the original one too o.o hope it helps XD
Back to top Go down
Blaueros

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:39 am

i have problem logging in, and i just realised the links is missing from the above post so nvm -__-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of abbreviations and there meanings   List of abbreviations and there meanings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of abbreviations and there meanings
Page 1 of 1